I also realized that I'm dizzy with sinus congestion and can't write a thing to save my life, so I'll just share the poetic insights from these enlightened gardeners. Enjoy!
Why do you love to garden?
Susie Hess Miller
Because it feels good. Well, 85% of the time, the other 15% feels good later.
Deborah Cox Anderson
I love the feel of dirt beneath my fingernails, the smell of rain, watching a beautiful plant come from an itty bitty seed.
It's something I can do by myself & not have to entertain another person, and on the other hand it's something my friends & I can do together.
It brings back great memories of time spent with my parents & grandparents . . . I could go on and on . . . what's not to love?
Debbie Perry McMurry
It is my creative therapy! I love gardening of any kind. Each flower garden I create creates memories with my grandkids.
I love my little balcony garden because it is a place of peace and because it is so exciting to watch things grow. Also, homegrown vegetables and berries are so delicious!
Kelly Thorpe Schubert
It's where I connect, where I plug in. So much of gardening is a parallel to our lives. From pulling the unwanted weeds, planting in the right spot for blooming, to pruning for the good of the plant. Always a pest or two to battle, but the beauty and gratification far outweighs their influence. It's good for the soul. ☼
At the risk of sounding like a big hippy, I love gardening because it keeps me connected to the seasons, the cyclical passage of time, and therefore makes me feel human. That's important because so much of work life involves a computer screen.
I garden to keep my sanity. My gardens and such are my many therapists from anger management to depression, loneliness, frustration and pure joy at seeing the first bloom of the season and the expectations of the season to come.
It's a challenging art form. Deer, slugs, bugs eat your work; freezes kill, rain drowns; Mother Nature has her say!
I love the sheer magnificent miracle of watching things transform. Seeds growing into plants and then into things you can eat.
I love to watch plants crafting flowers, fruits and vegetables, or incredible foliage - I'm not sure there is anything cooler (besides watching human beings transform, but that takes a lot longer!).
I love the beauty and the fragrance and the taste. I love the surprise and the improbability of it all. It centers me and drives me crazy - in equal measure.
Okay, I can add one more thing that wasn't covered. I love the perfectly designed forms of plants. From the winter framework of a bare trees branches, to the vein patterns in an alocasia leaf, I could stare at the infinite artwork of each plant's unique features for hours... unfortunately I wouldn't get much done.
So that's why I love gardening! Good night everyone! (Tonight's post was brought to you by Sudafed. Glorious Sudafed.)